You’ve welcomed a new member into your club—now what? With many clubs still meeting online or in a hybrid format, new Toastmasters might feel a little lost. Below is some basic information you can send to get them started. A short, friendly email can make a big difference—don’t forget, you were a new member once!
6 Quick Tips to Get Started
- Log in to www.toastmasters.org/Login to ensure that your username and password are correct.
- Enroll in Pathways—the Toastmasters education program.
- Review The Navigator—your guide to Toastmasters. Once you’ve logged in as a member, you have access to The Navigator.
- Sample your first Pathways project, the Ice Breaker.
- Ask your Vice President Education to pair you with a mentor, to help you along the way.
- Have new members fill out the New Member Profile Sheet. This is a great way to establish your goals, and then review them with your mentor or a club officer.
Explore Possibilities With Pathways
The foundation of the Toastmasters experience is the education program, Pathways, which is critical to your growth. Some benefits include:
- Opportunity to develop many skills relevant to an evolving global marketplace
- Frequent recognition of educational achievements
- Online access to educational materials
- Engaging videos that model the skills you are learning