The Pathways learning experience launched in 2018, marking a new era in Toastmasters education. After two years, member patterns and progress in the program are becoming increasingly clear.
The 2020 Pathways Annual Report, which covers the period from July 2019 to June 2020, shows that, overall, members find the program to be highly beneficial. More than 86% of respondents said they were satisfied with Pathways projects and the program’s applicability, and over half of them were “very or extremely satisfied.”
The report was compiled by the Business Research and Analysis team at Toastmasters World Headquarters and covers the second full year of the program.
Some of the findings:
- Innovative Planning is the most popular of the program’s 11 paths.
- “Connect with Storytelling,” an elective in all the paths, is the most popular project, while “Manage Online Meetings” is the one completed the quickest.
- Before the COVID-19 pandemic hit, more members were selecting a path within 30 days of joining Toastmasters in 2019-2020 than in 2018-2019.
- Members in Pathways took less than half the time to select a path and complete their first project this program year as compared to last.
Other numbers of note:
- Nearly 90% of members surveyed say they have achieved their personal goals in Pathways.
- There are active Pathways enrollees in all 145 countries that have Toastmasters clubs.
- More than 170,000 Ice Breakers have been delivered since Pathways began.