Region Advisor Biography
David Woodcock, DTMMember Since: 2004
Home Region: 4
Home District: 64
Supporting Districts: 6, 42, 64, 99, 106
Toastmasters offices held and terms of service (international, region and District level):
- 2022-2023 Region 4 Advisor
- 2020-2021 Immediate Past District Director
- 2019-2020 District Director
- 2018-2019 Program Quality Director
- 2017-2018 Club Growth Director
Toastmasters honors and recognition:
- 2018-2019 Excellence in Program Quality Award
What key factors are most important as a Region Advisor to help the District achieve success:
There are many key factors. Here is a list:
- Available, connected, reliable, inspirational/motivational and positive.
- Communicate frequently and effectively.
- A good facilitator/ trainer.
- Organized and prepared (knowledgeable).
- Listen first, ask questions to be clear on what was asked or communicated.
- Ensure District calendars are planned early with peer call dates/times, important meetings and events.
- Provide opportunity for District leaders to solve their challenges and not be quick to give my opinion.
- Calm and accountable.
What key strengths do you bring to the District leaders?
I feel I bring a number of key strengths to this position. They are:
- Calm, measured approach to problem solve with accountability/ integrity.
- Facilitation skills- preparation, passion, collaboration, engagement.
- Knowledge- understanding protocols/policy/programs.
- Keen listening skills- trustworthy, honest, empathetic.
- Willingness to learn new skills and grow.
- Desire to serve the organization, leaders and members.
- Support opportunities for leaders to lead without “stepping-in”.
Why are you interested in serving as Region Advisor?
For me, it is all about our core values. Supporting and guiding District leaders is vitally important to the success of our organization. These leaders can then better serve other leaders and members of their Districts. I want to help District leaders learn and grow and realize their true potential as communicator and leaders. My approach to working with leaders is to be knowledgeable, organized and prepared to meet their needs. As a Region Advisor, I continue to learn about myself. I bring a very high level of commitment, dedication, and expertise in most all situations. I have experienced the very good and not so good along my Toastmasters journey which I believe helps District leaders to relate/connect with me. I have met challenges head-on all while learning and growing as a Toastmaster and person.