When recognizing someone for a job well done, it's important to highlight the value of both the award and the recipient. To create a memorable presentation, explain the criteria for the award and how the recipient met those criteria. Here are a few additional guidelines:
- Tell a story about the significance of the award.
- Pronounce names of the recipients correctly.
- Provide background on the recipient.
- Hold the award respectfully and hand it to the recipient as if it were a treasure.
- Wait to invite the recipient to the lectern until you formally introduce them.
- Stand so the audience can see the recipient and the award clearly.
Tips for Success
Enjoy helpful resources that will aid you in improving your communication and help you build leadership skills.View tips
Discover Bahamian Treasure!
Have you explored convention to the fullest? Replay and/or capture what you missed On Demand.Buy now