When recognizing someone for a job well done, it's important to highlight the value of both the award and the recipient. To create a memorable presentation, explain the criteria for the award and how the recipient met those criteria. Here are a few additional guidelines:
- Tell a story about the significance of the award.
- Pronounce names of the recipients correctly.
- Provide background on the recipient.
- Hold the award respectfully and hand it to the recipient as if it were a treasure.
- Wait to invite the recipient to the lectern until you formally introduce them.
- Stand so the audience can see the recipient and the award clearly.
New Online Photo Gallery!
Member Connections shows club members having fun and creating memories.View Now
A Historically Good Deal
Read one or read them all! Visit the Toastmasters Online Store and use code BOOKS15 to save 15% on all Toastmasters books! Offer valid October 1-31, 2018. Not valid with any other offer.Shop Now
Keep up with the latest news and updates from Toastmasters International.View Announcements