Taking on this role improves time management skills.
One of the skills Toastmasters practice is expressing a thought within a specific time. The timer is responsible for monitoring time for each meeting segment and each speaker. As Timer, you:
- Acquire the timing/signaling equipment from the sergeant at arms and know how to operate it.
- Explain the timing rules and demonstrate the signal device if called upon to do so.
- Throughout the meeting, listen carefully to each participant and signal them accordingly.
- When called to report, announce the speakers' names and the time taken.
- After the meeting, return the timing/signaling equipment to the sergeant at arms.
Introduce timing guidelines and track how long each member speaks.
Tips and tricks for performing this role, including ways to challenge yourself.
This manual offers suggestions, tips, and advice for helping and encouraging members to assume meeting roles.
Tips for Success
Enjoy helpful resources that will aid you in improving your communication and help you build leadership skills.View tips
Spread the Word
Save 15% on promotional products with promo code PROMO15! Offer valid April 1-30, 2021. Not valid with any other offer.Shop now
Find helpful resources for your club to have virtual victories with your online meetings.Visit webpage