Taking on this role improves time management skills.
One of the skills Toastmasters practice is expressing a thought within a specific time. The timer is responsible for monitoring time for each meeting segment and each speaker. As Timer, you:
- Acquire the timing/signaling equipment from the sergeant at arms and know how to operate it.
- Explain the timing rules and demonstrate the signal device if called upon to do so.
- Throughout the meeting, listen carefully to each participant and signal them accordingly.
- When called to report, announce the speakers' names and the time taken.
- After the meeting, return the timing/signaling equipment to the sergeant at arms.
Tips for Success
Enjoy helpful resources that will aid you in improving your communication and help you build leadership skills.View tips
Give Guests a Warm Welcome
Save 10% on Guest Packets when you use promo code GP10! Offer valid August 1-31, 2021. Not valid with any other offer.Shop now
It’s Time to Learn. Engage. Lead.
Invest in yourself at the Toastmasters International 2021Virtual Convention.Register now