Taking on this role improves time management skills.
One of the skills Toastmasters practice is expressing a thought within a specific time. The timer is responsible for monitoring time for each meeting segment and each speaker. As Timer, you:
- Acquire the timing/signaling equipment from the sergeant at arms and know how to operate it.
- Explain the timing rules and demonstrate the signal device if called upon to do so.
- Throughout the meeting, listen carefully to each participant and signal them accordingly.
- When called to report, announce the speakers' names and the time taken.
- After the meeting, return the timing/signaling equipment to the sergeant at arms.
Timer Script and Log
Introduce timing guidelines and track how long each member speaks.
The Timer’s Toolkit
Tips and tricks for performing this role, including ways to challenge yourself.
A Toastmaster Wears Many Hats
This manual offers tips and advice for taking on club meeting roles.
Tips for Success
Enjoy helpful resources that will aid you in improving your communication and help you build leadership skills.View tips
Convention Goes Bahamas!
Explore a sea of learning and networking possibilities at the 2023 International Convention, a hybrid experience, to be held August 16–19, in Nassau, Bahamas.Register now
Connect With Us
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube for exciting updates, inspiration and more.Connect