Are you a Toastmasters member with children, grandchildren, or nieces and nephews who love to color? We need their help celebrating Toastmasters International’s upcoming 98th anniversary! Not only will you get the whole family talking about Toastmasters, but the winning entry of the coloring contest will be published as the October 2022 magazine cover. Will your kid’s creative coloring make Toastmasters history?
Read the terms and conditions below, then download this PDF of the cover art:
Terms and Conditions
What: “Toastmaster Magazine Coloring Contest For Kids!”
When: We will accept submissions from June 29 – July 31, 2022. The adult/legal guardian of the winner(s) will be notified via email after judging is complete.
- One (1) entry per child
- Active member’s name, location, and email address
- Child’s relation to member, their first name, and age
- Coloring materials: Crayons or colored pencils only. No markers, watercolors, paint, pens, or other materials may be used
- Entries must be scanned and emailed back to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline
Promotion: The contest will be promoted on Toastmasters International’s social media channels, as well as in the Leader Letter, all-member magazine email, and in the Toastmaster online edition.
Eligibility: Current members in good standing who have children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, or other young immediate family members are eligible. All employees of Toastmasters International World Headquarters, including those who are active members in a club, are not eligible. In addition, Toastmasters International Board of Directors, current International Officers and Directors, or any declared candidates for International Officer or Director for the 2022-2023 election cycle, are not eligible.
Rules: We will accept one entry per child. The age for eligibility is 17 and under. Active members with multiple children in their family can submit entries for each child. The entry must be colored by the child and scanned back to email@example.com by the adult/legal guardian. By submitting a coloring contest entry, you authorize Toastmasters International to publish the colored image, as well as the child’s first name and age in the Toastmaster magazine PDF, electronically in the digital magazine, on the Toastmasters website, Toastmasters International social media platforms, or for any other use or purpose at Toastmasters International’s sole discretion.
Prize: One entry will be selected out of all age groups as the first place winner and will be published as the October 2022 magazine cover. There will also be Honorable Mentions from each age group and winners of special categories. There is no monetary compensation for the winner, or any contest entrants.
Questions?: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or questions about the contest.
Coloring Submission Guidelines
- The cover art was created by the Toastmaster magazine’s illustrator and is owned by Toastmasters International. Entries must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
- Toastmasters International reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate or does not conform to stated contest rules.
- Entries should not contain any writing or words—coloring only.
- Scan and send the PDF only; please do not send a photo with the child in it.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree that the information and colored image submitted can be used by Toastmasters International for marketing and advertising purposes.
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- The adult/guardian of the winner(s) will be contacted via the email address provided during entry.
- The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- You confirm you have the permission/consent of the parent or guardian (if applicable) to submit the child’s entry and grant the usage rights required by Toastmasters International.
- You will be responsible for any claim made by any third party in respect of Your entry and fully indemnify Toastmasters International in respect of all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing to any person or entity by reason of Your breaching any of the foregoing.
- By entering the contest, winners and their parents or legal guardians release and agree to hold harmless Toastmasters International, and each of their partners or employees from any liability whatsoever in connection with entering the contest, accepting any prize, or anything that may arise related to the contest.
- Entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of Toastmasters International.
The Toastmaster Magazine Team will review all entries that meet the contest criteria. Judges will look for:
- Adherence to contest rules and requirements
- Creativity/Use of color
- Audience appeal and interest
- One first-place winner from all age groups will be selected for the cover
- One Honorable Mention awarded in each age group:
— 6 and under
— 7 to 12
— 13 to 17
- Additional winning categories:
— Outside the lines award
— Inside the lines award
— Most creative use of color award