For nearly 100 years, in-person meetings have been at the heart of Toastmasters. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many clubs have been unable to continue with in-person meetings. A hybrid club meeting combines online and in-person attendance. Before your club gets started, consider the five questions below, then download this document for helpful advice to ensure your club is equipped to hold successful hybrid meetings.
- Are club leaders and members willing to commit to making the hybrid-format meeting work, resolving the challenges likely to arise along the way?
- Does the meeting site offer reliable access to internet bandwidth and the equipment needed to conduct hybrid meetings?
- Does the club have several people who can competently handle logistics and are willing to take the responsibility?
- How does the club plan to ensure that both local and remote attendees can participate equally?
- If you are a community club, will you now accept members from outside your local area?