Region Advisor Biography
Charlene Burroughs, DTMMember Since: 2008
Home Region: 5
Home District: 50
Supporting Districts: 27, 37, 58, 66
Toastmasters offices held and terms of service (international, region and District level):
- 2020-2021 Region 5 Advisor
- 2015-2016 Immediate Past District Governor
- 2014-2015 District Governor
- 2013-2014 Lieutenant Governor Education and Training
- 2012-2013 Lieutenant Governor Marketing
Toastmasters honors and recognition:
- 2014-2015 President’s Distinguished District Governor
- 2013-2014 Excellence in Education and Training Award
What key factors are most important as a Region Advisor to help the District achieve success:
The key factors that are most important to helping Districts achieve success as a Region Advisor are:
- Understanding the different personalities of the District leaders and working to serve in a way that best suits their personality styles.
- Watching for club retention and growth and helping the leaders with ideas to keep their District's stable.
- Awareness of Toastmasters Policies and Protocols and knowing how and where to find information.
What key strengths do you bring to the District leaders?
The key strengths I bring to the District leaders are a background on all the roles in which they currently serve. I served in each one and understand day-to-day things that need to be done. I am an outstanding listener and can listen well to what is said as well as what is not said. I understand Pathways and ways to move some non-adopters to adopting. I am able to work well with people who have leadership styles that are different from mine. That ability allows me to help guide them to success.
Why are you interested in serving as Region Advisor?
District leaders often need guidance on situations that have them stumped. I enjoyed collaborating with them while guiding them to look inward to their own find solutions.
I have a passion for leadership and for Toastmasters. Serving as a Region Advisor allows me to work within two areas that are passions for me while serving others.