Region Advisor Biography
Antionette Fox, DTM – Region 1 AdvisorMember Since: October 2000
Home Region: 8
Home District: 47
Supporting Districts: 7, 15, 39, 57
Toastmasters offices held and terms of service (international, region and District level):
- 2010-2011 Region 8 Advisor
- 2018-2019 Immediate Past District Director
- 2017-2018 District Director
- 2009-2010 Immediate Past District Governor
- 2008-2009 District Governor
- 2007-2008 Lieutenant Governor Education and Training
- 2006-2007 Lieutenant Governor Marketing
Toastmasters honors and recognition:
- Presidential Citation Award 2021
- 2008-2009 Presidents Distinguished District
- 2007-2008 Excellence in Education
- 2006-2007 Excellence in Marketing
What key factors are most important as a Region Advisor to help the District achieve success:
The key factors of a Region Advisor are to offer guidance, support, encouragement, and motivate District leaders to achieve the District Mission of building new clubs and helping all clubs achieve excellence. Additionally, the Region Advisor is there to mentor and facilitate discussions, conduct training, and provide support for the District Leadership Team. A Region Advisor should also make significant impact on the individuals they support and by extension, assist in the success of the District.
What key strengths do you bring to the District leaders?
My strengths are multi-faceted as my experience relates to that role; I have been there having served in all District leadership roles and as a District Governor and District Director. I have had experience as a Region Advisor serving in this role in 2010. My strengths developed over these tenures of leadership are Mentoring, Time Management, Coaching, Conflict Resolution, and Team Building, all of which are critical to the success of any leader. I have coached and mentored many individuals inside and outside of the Toastmasters Organization to achieve their goals. Having attained seven (7) Distinguished Toastmaster awards, I have been around the ballpark a few times. I continue to mentor current District leaders in their roles and provide guidance when needed.
Why are you interested in serving as Region Advisor?
I am interested in serving as Region Advisor because:
- My passion for the Toastmasters program is two-fold, (1) personal development and (2) mentoring others to achieve their goals. I want to give back to the organization that has transformed my life and I love seeing others transform and achieve their goals.
- I want to share my experience and the knowledge I have gained over the past 22 years to support District leaders and help them to become successful in carrying out the mission of the District.