As Vice President Public Relations (VPPR), you are responsible for coordinating an active public relations and publicity program in your club. By establishing and maintaining lines of communication between the club and its members, as well as between the club and the public, you will increase awareness of Toastmasters through local news and social media.
Protect the Toastmasters brand.
Develop a public relations plan:
- Review and use the PR tools and resources available to you.
- Set goals: Review and evaluate your club's previous PR efforts, current objectives and tactics to reach goals.
- Determine the PR budget for your club’s PR program.
- Create a publicity calendar to determine when and how you will promote your club.
- Indicate the vehicles and tools you will use to attract and connect with fellow members (internal audience) and news media (external audience), including club news releases, websites and social networking sites.
- Communicate Toastmasters’ key messages when writing news releases and while speaking to members, potential members and journalists.
- Be Persistent. Working with the news media takes patience and time. Mondo Times is a great resource for finding local media contacts. Don’t give up.
- Collaborate with your club leaders to discuss your PR plan, activities and initiatives.
- Monitor status toward your goals. Report progress, activities and news coverage to club and district leaders by email.
The responsibilities listed above are key to your success as a VPPR. It’s also important to know what you are not responsible for, so you can focus on public relations.
Not Your Responsibility:
- Creating a marketing plan.
- Develop or implement marketing projects.
- Manage recognition activities or the Club Coach program.
- Recruit, train or supervise the club-building team, club sponsors, mentors or coaches.
Tips for Success
Enjoy helpful resources that will aid you in improving your communication and help you build leadership skills.View tips
Chart Their Journey
Use code CHART15 save 15% on a Pathways Achievement Chart! Hang the chart at your club meeting and display progress for up to 25 members. Offer valid October 1-31, 2019. Not valid with any other offer.Check It Out
Keep up with the latest news and updates from Toastmasters International.View Announcements