Renewal Dues FAQ
I am a club officer, how do I pay dues?Back to Top
Club officers can submit individual and bulk payments using Club Central, by mail or by fax (+1 303-799-7753).
- To pay online, log into Club Central
- All renewing members are preloaded to the Submit Payment tool by World Headquarters
- To include any new, dual, or reinstating members with the renewal payment, first associate their membership to your club using the Add Membership tool
- Once all members have been associated, select Submit Payment
- Select the membership begin and end dates for all new, dual and reinstating members
- Add all intended members to the cart, selecting the New Member Kit language, where applicable
- Once the cart is ready, click “Continue to Payment Information”
- After entering the payment details and reviewing the cart for accuracy, click “Submit Payment” to finalize the transaction
Club officers may also email a renewing member list, applications for any new, dual, and reinstating members to email@example.com. Then, provide payment to Club and Member Support by phone at at +1 720-439-5050 ext. 402.
What is the minimum renewal requirement for clubs?Back to Top
Per Policy 2.0: Club and Membership Eligibility, the minimum renewal requirement is eight paid members – at least three of whom were members of the club during the previous renewal period.
When does my club have to pay the minimum renewal requirement to remain in good standing?Back to Top
In light of the widespread impacts of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the renewal deadline has been extended. A club will be a paid club and remain in good standing if they meet the minimum renewal requirement for April 2020 renewals by April 30.
What is the impact to my club if it does not meet the requirements to remain in good standing?Back to Top
- If the club does not meet the April 2020 renewal requirement by April 30, their status will change from Active to a status of Low or Ineligible
- Clubs not in good standing are ineligible to cast a vote at district council meetings and the Annual Business Meeting, and are not included in quorum.
- The club has the entire renewal period to return to good standing.
- If the club does not return to good standing prior to the start of the following renewal period, the club is suspended from active status, and all services and membership status for the club and its members are discontinued.
- A suspended club has six months to reinstate, starting from the date of suspension.
- Clubs inactive for two renewal periods are required to be chartered as new clubs, meeting all chartering requirements.
What is the DCP Deadline for partial Goal 10 credit?Back to Top
April 30, 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time for the April 2020 renewal period, and October 1, 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time for the October renewal period.
Can I get a deadline exception?Back to Top
The Toastmasters Board of Directors have approved an exception to the April 2020 deadline. In light of the widespread impacts of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), a club will be a paid club, in good standing, if they meet the minimum renewal requirement for April 2020 renewals by April 30. Further extensions to the deadline are not planned at this time. The Board will continue to monitor the situation and updates will be communicated if the deadline is extended further.
What is the difference between a reinstating and renewing member?Back to Top
- A renewing member has no break in membership or attendance at club meetings, but may neglect to pay dues on time. In October and April, a club officer may assist members with paying their delinquent renewal dues order, returning their status to good standing. This is considered a late payment and not a reinstatement.
- A reinstating member is a member with lapse in their paid membership, and who has had a break in attendance at club meetings. Beyond October and April, the member and the club may decide whether the member will pay their delinquent renewal dues order, or whether they will reapply to join the club (reinstate).
How does a club in good standing address members who have not paid dues for the current renewal period?Back to Top
- It is our recommendation that only members in good standing fill speaking and meeting roles in club meetings. If a member has not submitted their dues for the current period, they have let their membership lapse with the club, and are not considered a member of the club, until such time as they are placed back into good standing.
- Only members in good standing are included in quorum and are eligible to vote in club business matters.
If a club officer is unpaid, what happens to their Club Central access?Back to Top
To facilitate club business, unpaid officers will continue to have access to Club Central for 30 days past the date of when they became unpaid, unless any officer has been removed from their role by a majority vote of the club members.
I am not a club officer, how do I pay dues?Back to Top
Club officers are responsible for facilitating any dues payments for their club members. If you are a member in multiple clubs, please be aware that only club officers have access to Club Central.
What if our club has no officers currently on file with World Headquarters?Back to Top
In order for club officers to have access to conduct club business using Club Central, a valid officer list must be on file with World Headquarters. Please email your club officer list, composed of paid members in good standing, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When do I have to pay my dues to remain in good standing and retain access to Base Camp?Back to Top
- Your renewal payment is due twice a year, April 1 and October 1. However, in light of the widespread impacts of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the deadline to submit your April - September 2020 renewal payment has been extended to April 30.
- To remain in good standing and maintain access to Base Camp, you must be a paid member for the October 2019 - March 2020 renewal period and your April dues payment must be received by World Headquarters on or before April 30.
- If the April 30 deadline is not met, you will return to good standing as soon as your dues payment is received by World Headquarters and your Base Camp access will be restored within 24 hours after your payment is processed.
What is the impact to my individual membership if I am not a member in good standing?Back to Top
You must be a paid member to maintain access to Base Camp. However, in light of the widespread impacts of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the deadline to submit your April - September 2020 renewal payment has been extended to April 30. You will retain access to all member services as long as you are a paid member for the October 2019 - March 2020 renewal period and pay your dues by April 30.
How can I pay dues for one year?Back to Top
Membership dues are collected for semiannual terms of April 1 – September 30 and October 1 – March 31. As dues are neither refundable nor transferable, it is not recommended that members pay dues for two semiannual terms at one time. If you wish to pay two semiannual terms, please contact Club and Member Support for further assistance. Due to the special handling required, these requests cannot be fulfilled online.
Do I receive a discount for holding active membership in more than one club?Back to Top
There are no discounts for having multiple memberships.
What happened to the “Grace” period?Back to Top
Is there a late fee?Back to Top
Toastmasters International does not impose a late fee penalty.
If you have any questions about the renewal process, please contact email@example.com.
Proposal A passed in August, why can’t members pay their own dues online now?Back to Top
Proposal A allowed the Bylaws of Toastmasters International and the Club Constitution for Clubs of Toastmasters International to be amended, to allow individual members to submit their application and pay their dues online, in anticipation of future technology developments. For the time being, members will continue to pay Toastmasters International dues to a club officer; however, in the future, members will have the option to pay international dues by credit card via www.toastmasters.org, when verified by a club officer.
Why is/are my new member(s) not appearing on the club roster?Back to Top
- The Club Roster within Club Central displays the members that are currently active in your club. If a new member was added to your club for a future month, they will appear on the roster beginning on the first of that month.
- New members added to your club with a future join date will have access to Base Camp beginning on the first of that month.