2024 International Convention FAQ
1. When and where will the in-person 2024 International Convention take place?Back to Top
Toastmasters is excited to host the 2024 International Convention at the Anaheim Marriott in beautiful Anaheim, California, United States, from Wednesday, August 14 through Saturday, August 17, 2024.
2. Which time zone will all convention events be listed in?Back to Top
The convention will take place in Anaheim, California, United States, and all events and activities will be in Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)/Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) -7, which is the local time in Anaheim. For your convenience, a time zone converter will be listed at the top of each agenda page.
3. For how long will the ‘100 Days’ discount be available?Back to Top
The ‘100 Days at $100 (USD) Off’ promotion will end on November 17, 2023, at 11:59 pm Mountain Standard Time (MST)/Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) -7.
4. How do I become a Host District Helping Hand convention volunteer?Back to Top
To become a Host District Helping Hand convention volunteer, click here to learn more and express interest. Once registration opens, we will send you an invitation to register as a Host District Helping Hand. Volunteer opportunities are limited and based on a first-come, first-served basis.
5. I would like to speak or present at this or future Toastmasters International events. How do I submit myself for future consideration?Back to Top
Do you have an amazing talent for capturing a crowd? Be considered to present at an upcoming Toastmasters event by filling out this form and submitting a captivating video. We welcome dynamic moderators, panelists, education speakers, keynotes, comedians, and more, who have experience addressing large international audiences, either in person or online (or both). Join the speaking elite of Toastmasters presenters; apply today here!
6. I want to prepare for travel to the convention in Anaheim, California, United States. Where can I find visa information?Back to Top
A non-U.S. citizen entering the U.S. is required to present a passport and a valid visa issued by a U.S. Consular Official, unless he or she is a citizen of a country eligible for the Visa Waiver Program, or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or a citizen of Canada. To obtain a list of countries eligible for the Visa Waiver Program, please reference the Homeland Security website.
If you require a Letter of Invitation to assist in your visa process, please click Request Letter to submit your request.
Request Letter Here: https://forms.office.com/r/vyAxyZU4s5
7. Do you recommend making airfare and hotel reservations prior to registering for the convention?Back to Top
No. Registration for the 2024 International Convention is on a first-come, first-served basis; therefore, it is recommended that you make airfare or hotel reservations after receiving confirmation on your convention registration.
8. Is there a discounted hotel rate available?Back to Top
Toastmasters International has negotiated a discounted room rate of 195 USD plus taxes and fees. Hotel room rates and services are subject to applicable State and Local fees and taxes, currently 15% Occupancy Tax, 2% Anaheim Tourism Improvement District Assessment, and California State Tourism Fee of $0.94 USD and $0.14 USD tax per room night. These fees and taxes are subject to change without prior notice.
This special rate will be made available to Toastmasters convention attendees in 2024, on a first-come, first-served basis, while supply lasts.
9. What is the cancellation policy?Back to Top
Cancellation requests for in-person and online convention registration must be submitted no later than July 31, 2024, at 11:59 pm Mountain Daylight Time/Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) -6. Cancellations will not be accepted after this date.
All in-person cancellations will be subject to a $25 USD administrative fee. Please submit your special event ticket and registration cancellation requests by clicking here or emailing email@example.com.
10. How do I request a registration receipt/invoice?Back to Top
Upon registering, your confirmation email will include payment information for your records. Those unable to locate their confirmation email can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a receipt/invoice.
Please allow up to two business days for a response.
11. Is there an age restriction for in-person convention attendees?Back to Top
At this time, all convention attendees must be at least 18 years of age to attend the 2024 International Convention. Due to the nature of the event, Toastmasters International does not prohibit any speech topic, content, or language, as we recognize attendees may learn much about the world around them from listening to others' speaking on a variety of subjects. For these reasons, Toastmasters International requires attendees be an adult that is at least 18 years of age.
12. I have an additional question that is not listed here. How can I get an answer?Back to Top
If you have any additional questions regarding the 2024 International Convention, please email email@example.com.