1. What does it mean to assign a club's proxy?Back to Top
Each club in good standing is entitled to two votes at the Annual Business Meeting. When the Club President or Club Secretary assigns the club's proxy, that officer is designating the member (in good standing) who will act as the club's proxyholder and cast those two votes at the Annual Business Meeting.
If a club's proxy is not assigned, the club's two votes cannot be cast at the Annual Business Meeting.
2. I am a Club President (or Club Secretary). Am I my club's proxyholder for the Annual Business Meeting?Back to Top
No. The proxy system does not automatically assign the club's proxy to anyone; a proxyholder must be designated. The Club President and Club Secretary are the two club officers who are responsible for designating the proxyholder. If the Club President or Club Secretary intend to act as proxyholder for the club, they must assign the proxy to themself.
3. Who is the proxyholder for our club?Back to Top
The Club President or Club Secretary can designate an individual member in any of the following three categories as proxyholder:
- An active member from the club
- The District Director in office at the time of the Annual Business Meeting
- Another active Toastmasters member
4. Can two individuals act as proxyholder for the same club?Back to Top
No. The Club President or Club Secretary designates a single individual member to act as proxyholder and carry the club's two votes. The club's two votes cannot be split between multiple proxyholders.
5. What does it mean for a club to be in good standing?Back to Top
Per Policy 2.0, Section 4.C., a club is considered in good standing when its dues have been received for the current dues period for a minimum of eight members—at least three of whom were members of the club during the previous renewal period.
6. What types of proxies are there?Back to Top
The club has indicated a choice for particular International Officer and Director candidates and for the proposals; therefore, the proxyholder must vote as instructed.
The club has not indicated a choice for particular candidates or for the proposals. The proxyholder votes as they believe is in the best interest of the organization, and their vote must not be governed by any other person, group, or caucus.
7. How many votes can a proxyholder carry?Back to Top
A proxyholder can carry the two votes for any number of clubs.
8. When does club proxy assignment start for the Annual Business Meeting?Back to Top
Per Policy 9.1, Section 12, proxy assignment is available to Member Clubs no later than July 10 each year.