Taking on this role improves time management skills.
One of the skills Toastmasters practice is expressing a thought within a specific time. The timer is responsible for monitoring time for each meeting segment and each speaker. As Timer, you:
- Acquire the timing/signaling equipment from the sergeant at arms and know how to operate it.
- Explain the timing rules and demonstrate the signal device if called upon to do so.
- Throughout the meeting, listen carefully to each participant and signal them accordingly.
- When called to report, announce the speakers' names and the time taken.
- After the meeting, return the timing/signaling equipment to the sergeant at arms.
Tips for Success
Enjoy helpful resources that will aid you in improving your communication and help you build leadership skills.View tips
Chart Their Journey
Use code CHART15 save 15% on a Pathways Achievement Chart! Hang the chart at your club meeting and display progress for up to 25 members. Offer valid October 1-31, 2019. Not valid with any other offer.Check It Out
Keep up with the latest news and updates from Toastmasters International.View Announcements