To begin your journey using accessible Pathways materials, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Within a few business days, you will receive an email with instructions for starting in Pathways.
Base Camp is the online portal, or learning management system (LMS), where members access and interact with Pathways content. Currently, accessible Pathways materials are not featured in Base Camp. However, all English educational Pathways videos within Base Camp include optional closed captions. While you will not be required to log on to Base Camp to complete your educational journey, you may choose to access the videos within the system and use the closed captions as you navigate through projects.
In 2024, Toastmasters International is launching a new LMS. Unlike the current version of Base Camp, the new LMS will enable Base Camp and Pathways educational content to be fully accessible.
1. Do I have access to Base Camp if I am visually impaired?Back to Top
All members have access to Base Camp after they choose a path. However, keep in mind that Base Camp is not fully accessible to assistive technology; you may have limited access to content in the system. You will receive all your materials via email.
While you can log on to Base Camp to give feedback to members and update your profile, you will complete your path outside of Base Camp. You are not required to log on to Base Camp at any time.
2. Can I order the Base Camp version of my path in addition to the accessible version?Back to Top
Yes, your accessible path comes with the ability to get the digital version on Base Camp upon request at no additional charge. To request the Base Camp version of your path, please contact the Education Services Team at email@example.com or +1 720-439-5050.
While you may request the Base Camp version of your accessible path, you will only receive education credit for one path.
Keep in mind that Base Camp is not fully accessible to assistive technology; you may have limited access to content in the system.
3. I did not indicate that I require accessible materials on my membership application. How do I get access to the accessible Pathways materials?Back to Top
Please contact the Supply Orders Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 720-439-5050. A staff member can assist you with changing your Toastmasters record and ordering accessible materials.
4. I am the Vice President Education of my club and require accessible materials. What accessible resources are available to me to fulfill my role as Base Camp manager?Back to Top
Base Camp is not fully accessible to assistive technology at this time, so your screen reader may offer you limited access to approving education within the system. If you are not able to approve requests on Base Camp, your Club President and Secretary are also Base Camp managers and can assist you.
5. What is the return policy for my accessible path?Back to Top
The return policy for accessible materials is the same as the return policy for online paths. However, you are not required to return the digital files when you exchange a path.
The Pathways Return Policy is as follows:
- There are no refunds on educational materials or customized items (e.g., engraved items, certificates). All other items may be returned for a refund as long as the member contacts Toastmasters International within 30 days of receipt of the item; after 30 days no refunds can be initiated. Returned items must be in like-new condition.
- Educational materials and all other non-customized items can be exchanged as long as the member contacts Toastmasters International within 30 days of receipt of the item. Exchanges of paths in the Pathways learning experience are limited to one exchange per purchase. After 90 days no exchanges can be initiated. Paths cannot be exchanged once any project has been completed and/or any level award completion has been submitted.
- The new item for an exchange must be selected at the time the exchange is made; members are not given a “credit” to select a new item at a later time.
- Any time an item is being returned or exchanged, including when it is exchanged due to damage or a shipping error, Toastmasters International reserves the right to require that the original item be returned to Toastmasters International and/or require a photo of the damage. When a damaged item must be sent back to Toastmasters International, the replacement item, if applicable, will be sent after the returned item is received at World Headquarters.
- For exchanges due to item(s) being incorrect or damaged when the member receives them, the item(s) will be replaced at no cost to the member. Depending on the member's location, Toastmasters International may provide a return label for the member to use or reimbursement to the member after they incur the expense.
- When items are returned to Toastmasters International for a return or exchange that is not due to a shipping error or damage, the member will pay:
- The cost of shipping the original item back to World Headquarters, in all cases.
- The cost of shipping the new item to the member, in the case of an exchange.
- The $25 USD fee that members pay when ordering a path in print is not refundable, even when the member is exchanging a print path for an online path. (This applies to Pathways materials only.)
- Educational materials belong to the person for whom they were ordered; they are not transferable between or among members
Go to Base Camp
Quick path access
News and enhancements
Education Program FAQ
Get the answers
Choose a Path
11 engaging options
Watch and learn