Whether you're talking to a small group of people or speaking to a large audience, you want to be sure your speech is memorable and enjoyable. Follow these five easy tips to help ensure your speech delivers:
- Be prepared. Your audience is giving you their time and consideration, so rehearse enough to be confident you'll leave a good impression.
- Start strong. Begin your speech with a powerful opening that will grab your audience's attention, such as a startling fact or statistic, an interesting story or a funny joke.
- Be conversational. Avoid reading your speech word for word. Instead, refer to notes or points from an outline to help your speech have a more free-flowing, conversational tone.
- Speak with passion. If you're truly invested in what you're saying, you'll be better able to keep your audience's attention.
- Be patient. It's easy to get frustrated if you make a mistake. But remember that public speaking is not easy and it takes time to hone your skills. Keep practicing and you will reach your goals.
You’re not alone. Learn why giving speeches can be terrifying—and how to tame the fear.
Avoid these top 10 mistakes.
Knowing why you care is key, especially in workplace communication.
Step-by-step methods for helping you internalize your speech.
Learn how to convey confidence in a virtual setting with these five key elements.
Tips for Success
Enjoy helpful resources that will aid you in improving your communication and help you build leadership skills.View tips
Mask Up and Save
Mask Up and Save - Save 20% on a Reusable Face Mask with promo code MASK20! Offer valid October 1-31, 2021. Not valid with any other offer.Check It Out