Preparing a Speech
Preparing for a speech is one of the best ways to ensure you give an effective presentation. Try these tips to help you properly prepare:
- Organize your speech in a logical sequence: opening, main points, summary.
- Practice and rehearse a speech frequently prior to delivering it. Ask friends to be your audience, or practice in front of a mirror. Be sure to use a timer to help you pace your speech.
- Become familiar with the stage or the setting where the speech will take place. Get a sense of the size of the stage, where any steps or obstacles might be, and where to enter and exit.
- Choose comfortable clothes to wear, but always maintain a professional appearance.
- Visual aids should fit a speech, whether they are funny, serious or technical. The main goal of visual aids is to help the audience understand what is being said, and reinforce the points of a speech in unique and interesting ways.
How to Build a Speech
Structure, stories, and word choice are all key to crafting a compelling presentation.
Speech Topics Are Everywhere
Pay attention to your life and the ideas will come.
10 Tips for more productive speech practice.
Building a Great Speech
Gain valuable tips for constructing a presentation from start to finish.
Tips for Success
Enjoy helpful resources that will aid you in improving your communication and help you build leadership skills.View tips
Convention Goes Bahamas!
Explore a sea of learning and networking possibilities at the 2023 International Convention, a hybrid experience, to be held August 16–19, in Nassau, Bahamas.Register now
Connect With Us
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube for exciting updates, inspiration and more.Connect