Application Qualifications and Selection Timeline
Region Advisors support District success by working with the District Directors, Program Quality Directors, Club Growth Directors, and District Public Relations Managers in their efforts to fulfill the District mission of building new clubs and supporting all clubs in achieving excellence. Here is a message from your First Vice President Margaret Page.
Qualifications of Region Advisor Applicants
- Be an active member of a club in good standing
- Have served 12 months as Immediate Past District Director (IPDD)
- Have served 12 months as District Director (DD)
- Have served 12 months in one (1) of the following two (2) roles:
- Program Quality Director (PQD), or Club Growth Director (CGD)
- Be available for training and travel as needed
- Have consistent access to email and Internet service
- Individuals who are serving in an elected or appointed District-level (including Area and Division) role may not apply in the same program year in which they are completing their term.
- Individuals for whom an International Officer or Director Letter of Intent is on file at World Headquarters may not apply for or be selected as a Region Advisor.
Applications for the 2021-2022 term are now open and due by September 30
- A live (virtual or in-person) training video submission is mandatory with your application.
- For video requirements and guidelines, please click here
- For tips on submitting a high-quality video, please click here
To learn more about the Region Advisor role and selection process, please click the following links to view the recordings from our Region Advisor Panel Discussion, moderated by Past International President and Past Region Advisor, Lark Doley
- Session 1: September 15, 2020 at 7 a.m. Mountain Time
- Session 2: September 15, 2020 at 5 p.m. Mountain Time
Region Advisor Selection Timeline
- Applications are reviewed through October
- In November, interviews are conducted with all applicants
- Recommendations are submitted to the Board of Directors in January
- The Board of Directors review and approve recommendations at the March Board meeting
- All applicants are contacted, and appointments are announced by mid-March
- Appointees begin their terms on April 1
Applications for the 2021-2022 term are due by September 30
Review the training video requirements and guidelines for your Region Advisor application
Review this handbook to prepare for your application process
Find helpful information about the roles and responsibilities of Toastmasters leaders.
Tips for Success
Enjoy helpful resources that will aid you in improving your communication and help you build leadership skills.View tips
Use promo code GIFT10 and save 10% on assorted holiday gifts! Offer valid November 1-30, 2020. Not valid with any other offer.Check it Out
Meet the 2020 World Champion
Rewind the 2020 World Championship of Public Speaking® and view the winning speech for free!Watch now