The Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) award represents the highest level of educational achievement in Toastmasters.
To earn the DTM, you are required to:
- Complete two learning paths.
- Serve as a club officer for 12 months, participate in the preparation of a Club Success Plan, and participate in a district-sponsored club officer training program. (If your club has six-month terms for officers, you can fulfill this requirement by serving as a club officer twice, but you don’t have to do it in consecutive terms.)
- Serve a complete one-year term as a district officer.**
- Serve successfully as a club mentor or coach.**
- Serve successfully as a club sponsor or conduct a Speechcraft or Youth Leadership program.
- Complete the DTM project. (Members are required to create and implement a project of their own design, in which they demonstrate the skills and expertise they have gained.)
* Please refer to the Distinguished Toastmaster Award Application for a complete list of requirements.Pathways Achievements & Awards
**A club coach role successfully completed on June 30, 2019, June 30, 2020, or June 30, 2021 can be used to satisfy both the club coach requirement and the district leader requirement. Applications using this exception must be submitted to World Headquarters by emailing email@example.com and cannot be processed online through Club Central. For additional information, please review the Education Program FAQs.
Scared of Public Speaking?
Learn why giving speeches can be terrifying and how to calm the fear.Read now
Reshape Your Narrative!
Experience the quintessential public-speaking and storytelling event of the year, the 2022 International Convention, in a hybrid format, hosted in Nashville, TN.Get details