Candidate Campaign Guidelines
At area and division speech contests, all candidates may display campaign materials in a candidates' corner only at these events if space is available for the candidates' corner and all candidates have equal access to it. Campaign materials may not be placed on walls, chairs or tables outside of the candidates’ corner.
At the district conference, all candidates may display campaign materials only in the candidates' corner at a district conference if space is available for the candidates' corner and all candidates have equal access to it. Campaign materials may not be placed on walls, chairs or tables, or handed out at educational sessions, meal functions or the district hospitality suite.
Please refer to Protocol 9.0, for complete campaign guidelines.
Speeches and Speaking Guidelines
Campaign speeches are not permitted at any area speech contest, division speech contest or other district non-election meeting except the district conference. At the discretion of the area or division director responsible for the speech contest, candidates present at the contest may be introduced to the audience if all candidates present are introduced.
All candidates, including those running from the floor, may be allowed to speak at the district conference at a time other than during the district’s annual business meeting. These campaign speeches must be given at an appropriate time and place and must be of equal length for all candidates—speech length is determined by the district director, provided all candidates for all elected district leadership positions are given equal opportunity and are properly notified.
All candidates are allowed to give educational presentations at district conferences, provided the presentations conform to the needs of the district, and provided that all candidates for the same office are given an equal opportunity.
The only hospitality suite permitted at a district conference is the one provided and operated by the district, with no contribution from any candidate. The provision of a hospitality suite is, however, at the discretion of the district director.
Advertisements by or on behalf of candidates for district office are not permitted in district publications.
- A Candidates’ Showcase occurs before the district's Annual Business Meeting for presentations by all district officer candidates.
- Prior to the district's Annual Business Meeting the district director appoints directors to serve as chair and co-chair of the Candidates’ Showcase. Other directors are assigned as needed.
- Opposed officer and all director officer candidates are limited to a six-minute interview. Unopposed officer candidates are limited to a three-minute interview. District leaders submit questions to be asked.
- The presentation schedule, with the names of all nominated and known floor candidates for district office, is prepared by the district.
- There is no census or poll taken of the delegates at a Candidates’ Showcase.
New Online Photo Gallery!
Member Connections shows club members having fun and creating memories.View Now
A Historically Good Deal
Read one or read them all! Visit the Toastmasters Online Store and use code BOOKS15 to save 15% on all Toastmasters books! Offer valid October 1-31, 2018. Not valid with any other offer.Shop Now
Keep up with the latest news and updates from Toastmasters International.View Announcements