Sample News Releases
Give your club and/or district the publicity and recognition it deserves! Tell your local community about Toastmasters events, programs and member achievements. Use the news templates below to garner interest and awareness. Here are the instructions:
Choose (by clicking on) the news release below that best fits your needs, edit the news release to your specifications and then pitch it via email to your local news media. A few things to keep in mind:
1. All releases are formatted and downloadable as Word documents.
2. Click on a news release and save it to your computer.
3. Localize the news release by replacing the bolded text with your club or district information. Proofread it for accuracy.
4. Once finished replacing the bolded text with your club or district information, delete the bolded text and parenthesis and save your changes.
5. Email the news release to local news media. Paste the release into an email, below the pitch and your email signature. Do not attach the release to your email. Attachments to journalists usually get caught by spam filters.
Sample Templates and Releases
For a club or district to promote something newsworthy.
For a club to promote an open house.
For a club to announce its anniversary.
For a district to promote a company being recognized for enhancing employee engagement through continuing support of the Toastmasters program.
For promoting the launch of the Pathways learning experience to the media in your district.
Use this form before promoting or publicizing a video.
Use this form before promoting or publicizing a photo.
New Online Photo Gallery!
Member Connections shows club members having fun and creating memories.View Now
A Historically Good Deal
Read one or read them all! Visit the Toastmasters Online Store and use code BOOKS15 to save 15% on all Toastmasters books! Offer valid October 1-31, 2018. Not valid with any other offer.Shop Now
Keep up with the latest news and updates from Toastmasters International.View Announcements