The Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) award represents the highest level of educational achievement in Toastmasters.
To earn the DTM, you are required to:
- Complete two learning paths.
- Serve as a club officer for two six–month terms or one annual term, participate in the preparation of a Club Success Plan, and participate in a District-sponsored Club Officer Training.
- Serve a complete one-year term as a District leader.
- Serve successfully as a club mentor or coach.
- Serve successfully as a club sponsor or conduct a Speechcraft or Youth Leadership program.
- Complete the DTM project. (Members are required to create and implement a project of their own design, in which they demonstrate the skills and expertise they have gained.) Members can receive access to the DTM project on Base Camp once they have completed one path and Levels 1, 2, and 3 in a second, unique path. To receive this project, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to the Distinguished Toastmaster Award Application for a complete list of requirements.Pathways Achievements & Awards
For additional information, please review the Education Program FAQs.
Scared of Public Speaking?
Learn why giving speeches can be terrifying and how to calm the fear.Read now
Discover Bahamian Treasure!
Have you explored convention to the fullest? Replay and/or capture what you missed On Demand.Buy now