The Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) award represents the highest level of educational achievement in Toastmasters.
To earn the DTM, you are required to:
- Complete two learning paths.
- Serve as a club officer for 12 months, participate in the preparation of a Club Success Plan, and participate in a district-sponsored club officer training program. (If your club has six-month terms for officers, you can fulfill this requirement by serving as a club officer twice, but you don’t have to do it in consecutive terms.)
- Serve a complete one-year term as a district officer.**
- Serve successfully as a club mentor or coach.**
- Serve successfully as a club sponsor or conduct a Speechcraft or Youth Leadership program.
- Complete the DTM project. (Members are required to create and implement a project of their own design, in which they demonstrate the skills and expertise they have gained.)
* Please refer to the Distinguished Toastmaster Award Application for a complete list of requirements.Pathways Achievements & Awards
**A club coach role successfully completed on June 30, 2019, June 30, 2020, or June 30, 2021 can be used to satisfy both the club coach requirement and the district leader requirement. Applications using this exception must be submitted to World Headquarters by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and cannot be processed online through Club Central. For additional information, please review the Education Program FAQs.
Introducing the Toastmaster magazine online!
Read the new web-based version of the magazine from any device.View Now
Time to Stock Up!
Save 15% on a Club Ribbon Pack with promo code CRP15! Offer valid January 1-31, 2021. Not valid with any other offer.Shop now
Find helpful resources for your club to have virtual victories with your online meetings.Visit webpage