The New Member
New Member Manuals: The Basics
Once you’ve made the transition from Toastmasters guest to Toastmasters member, you will receive two essential Toastmasters manuals in the mail which will facilitate your success as a toastmaster:
Other Essential Manuals
The following manuals, in several languages, are also available for free, and will greatly enhance your Toastmasters experience:
Some Quick Tips for Beginners:
- Ask for a mentor, an experienced Toastmaster to help you with meeting roles and speeches.
- Study Project 1 in Competent Communication and the evaluation guide at the end of the project.
- Use stories, examples and anecdotes to craft a speech.
- Don't overwhelm your audience with too much information.
- Practice speaking. Practice often.
- Begin and end every speech strongly.