Region Advisor Biography
Emilie Taylor, DTMMember Since: 2014
Home Region: 1
Home District: 7
Supporting Districts: 7, 15, 39, 57
Toastmasters offices held and terms of service (international, region and District level):
- 2020-2021 Immediate Past District Director
- 2019-2020 District Director
- 2018-2019 Program Quality Director
- 2017-2018 Club Growth Director
What is your understanding of the Region Advisor role and how does your experience relate to the role?
The Region Advisor is there to offer guidance, support, encouragement, and motivate District leadership teams in achieving the District Mission of building new clubs and helping all clubs achieve excellence. Additionally, the Region Advisor is there to mentor and facilitate discussions, so District leaders find their own solutions and approaches.
My experience relates to that role because I have been there having served as District Director, Program Quality Director, and Club Growth Director. I am able to provide valuable insights, strategies, and new approaches. I also worked closely with three different Region Advisors (with different styles) during my time as a District leader. They have given me a window on what works, and these approaches will come handy as I serve my term as Region Advisor. Finally, I just recently completed my role as Immediate Past District Director where I served as mentor to the District leadership team especially to the District Director and Club Growth Director.
What is your experience with coaching individuals and/or teams?
At every level (club, area, division, and District) of my leadership journey in Toastmasters, I have coached and mentored many individuals and teams to achieve their goals---goals such as chartering new clubs, achieving DTM designations, and many others. I have also been a successful club coach helping clubs achieved Distinguished status. I continue to mentor current members of the District leadership team in their roles and provide guidance when needed.
In my past professional experience, I provided technical training and budgetary assistance to nonprofit organizations and governmental entities. Finally, my professional training as Coach will come handy as I support District leaders.
Why are you interested in serving as Region Advisor?
I am interested in serving as Region Advisor because:
- I want to give back to the organization that has transformed my life in the most positive light and has given me joy. I love helping people and seeing them transform brings happiness into my life.
- I want to share my experience, knowledge, and heart to help Districts teams become successful and want District leaders to feel supported, listened to, and guided as they carry out the District mission.
- And lastly, it is the next step in my leadership journey. I want to continue to improve myself and grow my speaking and leadership skills. Becoming a Region Advisor is a sure path to that growth.