Region Quarterfinals FAQ
1. Why is Toastmasters implementing region quarterfinals?Back to Top
Each year there is an increase in the number of districts represented in the semifinals. As a result, more International Convention resources and time are devoted to contests, at the expense of education sessions and other business.
2. Where can I find more information about region quarterfinals?Back to Top
Information can be found in the 2018-2019 Speech Contest Rulebook. Video recording rules for district International Speech Contests are included.
3. What is the International Speech Contest sequence?Back to Top
The new sequence beginning with the 2018-2019 program year is: district contests, region quarterfinals, semifinals, and finals.
4. Are region quarterfinals going to change how semifinals are conducted at the 2018 convention in Chicago?Back to Top
No. The semifinals and World Championship of Public Speaking follow the version of the rulebook that was in effect when the contest cycle began on the previous July 1, approximately 14 months before the World Championship of Public Speaking.
5. How does each district prepare for region quarterfinals?Back to Top
Toastmasters members, contest officials and program quality directors should familiarize themselves with the 2018-2019 Speech Contest Rulebook and review the rules that are specific to region quarterfinals.
6. How do we provide our submissions?Back to Top
Program quality directors will submit the videos and forms. Toastmasters International will provide specific instructions in advance.
7. How many contestants advance from region quarterfinals to the International Speech Contest Semifinals?Back to Top
One contestant from each of the 14 regions will advance to the semifinals, which are held at the Toastmasters International Convention.
8. How many contestants advance from the semifinals to the World Championship of Public Speaking?Back to Top
Region quarterfinal winners will be split into two semifinal rounds, each consisting of seven speakers. Three contestants from each semifinal will advance to compete in the World Championship of Public Speaking.
Tips for Success
Enjoy helpful resources that will aid you in improving your communication and help you build leadership skills.View tips
The Key to Success
Save 10% on a Toastmasters Key Ring with code KEYRING! Give it a special feel by adding customized engraving on the back. Offer valid August 1-31, 2019. Not valid with any other offer.Check It Out
Keep up with the latest news and updates from Toastmasters International.View Announcements