Preparing a Speech
Preparing for a speech is one of the best ways to ensure you give an effective presentation. Try these tips to help you properly prepare:
- Organize your speech in a logical sequence: opening, main points, summary.
- Practice and rehearse a speech frequently prior to delivering it. Ask friends to be your audience, or practice in front of a mirror. Be sure to use a timer to help you pace your speech.
- Become familiar with the stage or the setting where the speech will take place. Get a sense of the size of the stage, where any steps or obstacles might be, and where to enter and exit.
- Choose comfortable clothes to wear, but always maintain a professional appearance.
- Visual aids should fit a speech, whether they are funny, serious or technical. The main goal of visual aids is to help the audience understand what is being said, and reinforce the points of a speech in unique and interesting ways.
New Online Photo Gallery!
Member Connections shows club members having fun and creating memories.View Now
Classic Look, Modern Fit
During May, save 10-percent on a Toastmasters Vintage Logo T-Shirt! With unisex and ladies versions, there’s a shirt fit for you! Use code 10VINTAGE to save on your shirt. Offer valid May 1-31, 2019. Not valid with any other offer.Shop now
Keep up with the latest news and updates from Toastmasters International.View Announcements