Whether you’re accepting an Oscar or community recognition, Toastmasters International offers these proven tips for delivering a powerful acceptance speech for any type of award:
- Show your personality. Your acceptance speech should come from the heart.
- Be gracious. Acknowledge the good work done by your competitors and thank the organization that selected you for the award.
- Show excitement. You don’t have to climb over chairs or even cry, but the audience should recognize that you’re happy to have won the award.
- Be modest. Your acceptance speech should be heartfelt but not self-congratulatory.
- Practice, practice, practice. Rehearse with a timer, memorize key people to thank and allow time for the unexpected.
Learn more about acceptance speeches by exploring the Toastmasters International Special Occasion Speeches handbook.
Introducing the Toastmaster magazine online!
Read the new web-based version of the magazine from any device.View Now
Celebrate 93 years of transforming lives
Show your support by making a donation to the Ralph C. Smedley Memorial Fund.®Donate Today