Whether you’re accepting an Oscar or community recognition, Toastmasters International offers these proven tips for delivering a powerful acceptance speech for any type of award:
- Show your personality. Your acceptance speech should come from the heart.
- Be gracious. Acknowledge the good work done by your competitors and thank the organization that selected you for the award.
- Show excitement. You don’t have to climb over chairs or even cry, but the audience should recognize that you’re happy to have won the award.
- Be modest. Your acceptance speech should be heartfelt but not self-congratulatory.
- Practice, practice, practice. Rehearse with a timer, memorize key people to thank and allow time for the unexpected.
Learn more about acceptance speeches by exploring the Toastmasters International Special Occasion Speeches handbook.
New Online Photo Gallery!
Member Connections shows club members having fun and creating memories.View Now
Classic Look, Modern Fit
During May, save 10-percent on a Toastmasters Vintage Logo T-Shirt! With unisex and ladies versions, there’s a shirt fit for you! Use code 10VINTAGE to save on your shirt. Offer valid May 1-31, 2019. Not valid with any other offer.Shop now
Keep up with the latest news and updates from Toastmasters International.View Announcements