Whether you’re accepting an Oscar or community recognition, Toastmasters International offers these proven tips for delivering a powerful acceptance speech for any type of award:
- Show your personality. Your acceptance speech should come from the heart.
- Be gracious. Acknowledge the good work done by your competitors and thank the organization that selected you for the award.
- Show excitement. You don’t have to climb over chairs or even cry, but the audience should recognize that you’re happy to have won the award.
- Be modest. Your acceptance speech should be heartfelt but not self-congratulatory.
- Practice, practice, practice. Rehearse with a timer, memorize key people to thank and allow time for the unexpected.
Learn more about acceptance speeches by exploring the Toastmasters International Special Occasion Speeches handbook.
New Online Photo Gallery!
Member Connections shows club members having fun and creating memories.View Now
Accessorize for Success
Show off your Toastmasters pride! Visit the Toastmasters Online Store and use code MPIN15 to save 15% on a Membership Pin! Offer valid September 1-30, 2018. Not valid with any other offer.Shop Now
Just for Members
Stay current with the latest announcements, videos and podcast updates.Member News