Writer's Guidelines, Contacts and Queries
The Toastmaster magazine welcomes completed article submissions for the My Turn column and proposals for other articles.
My Turn Column:
- Send complete articles only (700 words maximum) by email.
- Include: name, member number and home club.
- In addition, follow the general requirements listed below.
Other Magazine Sections:
Fill out and send this Article Submission Form. Do not send completed articles. This allows the editorial team to guide the direction of your topic and determine if it is a good fit for the magazine. All article proposals must:
- Be sent via email.
- Be written in clear and concise English.
- Feature topics relevant to an international audience.
- Include compelling anecdotes and/or examples.
- Offer verifiable sources and/or quotes from experts.
- Avoid political or religious slants.
The Toastmaster also accepts high-resolution photos (1 MB minimum) and 200-word submissions (must include name, address and club affiliation) for the following departments.
Send your email:
- Meet My Mentor
- Snapshot and Traveling Toastmaster
- Member Moment
- Advertising Policy
- Cancel Subscription/Request Extra Copies
Due to the high volume of submissions, the editors cannot provide individualized feedback. The Toastmaster prizes originality, depth of research, timeliness and excellence of expression. All articles are subject to editing for length and/or clarity. Articles and photos may be published in both print and digital versions.
Managing Editor: Suzanne Frey
Senior Editor: Paul Sterman
Associate Editor: Mary Nesfield
Associate Editor: Jennie Harris
Digital Content Editor: Lynn Lieu
Proofreader/Editorial Coordinator: Shannon Dewey
Art Director: Sue Campbell
Graphic Designer: Deidre Gaffney
It’s time to get excited about Toastmasters’ 90th anniversary! Get your club involved.90th Anniversary
News and Announcements
Read about how Toastmasters International and our members are making headlines around the world.Media center