Taking on this role improves time management skills.
One of the skills Toastmasters practice is expressing a thought within a specific time. The timer is responsible for monitoring time for each meeting segment and each speaker. As Timer, you:
- Acquire the timing/signaling equipment from the sergeant at arms and know how to operate it.
- Explain the timing rules and demonstrate the signal device if called upon to do so.
- Throughout the meeting, listen carefully to each participant and signal them accordingly.
- When called to report, announce the speakers' names and the time taken.
- After the meeting, return the timing/signaling equipment to the sergeant at arms.
New Online Photo Gallery!
Member Connections shows club members having fun and creating memories.View Now
Give a Little Gift
Find the perfect holiday presents! Use code GIFTS10 to save 10% on select gifts. Offer valid December 1-31, 2018. Not valid with any other offer.Shop Now
Keep up with the latest news and updates from Toastmasters International.View Announcements