Taking on this role improves time management skills.
One of the skills Toastmasters practice is expressing a thought within a specific time. The timer is responsible for monitoring time for each meeting segment and each speaker. As Timer, you:
- Acquire the timing/signaling equipment from the sergeant at arms and know how to operate it.
- Explain the timing rules and demonstrate the signal device if called upon to do so.
- Throughout the meeting, listen carefully to each participant and signal them accordingly.
- When called to report, announce the speakers' names and the time taken.
- After the meeting, return the timing/signaling equipment to the sergeant at arms.
Read the Toastmaster magazine online!
Enjoy timely access to interesting and interactive content on any device.View Now
Share your Toastmasters Passion!
Save 10% on the Vintage Logo T-Shirt in September. Use promo code VINTAGE10.Shop Now