Taking on this role improves time management skills.
One of the skills Toastmasters practice is expressing a thought within a specific time. The timer is responsible for monitoring time for each meeting segment and each speaker. As Timer, you:
- Acquire the timing/signaling equipment from the sergeant at arms and know how to operate it.
- Explain the timing rules and demonstrate the signal device if called upon to do so.
- Throughout the meeting, listen carefully to each participant and signal them accordingly.
- When called to report, announce the speakers' names and the time taken.
- After the meeting, return the timing/signaling equipment to the sergeant at arms.
New Online Photo Gallery!
Member Connections shows club members having fun and creating memories.View Now
Spread the Word
During April, save on all promotional materials! Purchase gifts to hand out to guests at club meetings or open houses. Use code 10PROMO to save 10% on all Toastmasters promotional products. Offer valid April 1-30, 2019. Not valid with any other offer.Shop Now
Keep up with the latest news and updates from Toastmasters International.View Announcements