Taking on this role improves time management skills
One of the skills Toastmasters practice is expressing a thought within a specific time. As Timer you are responsible for monitoring time for each meeting segment and each speaker. To perform as Timer, you:
- Acquire the timing/signaling equipment from the Sergeant-at-Arms and know how to operate it.
- Explain the timing rules and demonstrate the signal device if called upon to do so.
- Throughout the meeting, listen carefully to each participant and signal them accordingly.
- When called to report, announce the speaker's name and the time taken.
- After the meeting, return the timing/signaling equipment to the Sergeant-at-Arms and give your timer's report to the secretary.
Resources for Timers
This item explains the timing procedure and includes a chart for speech contest timers to complete.
An essential booklet for anyone working toward a Competent Leader award or fulfilling a club meeting role.
The 10 speech projects in this manual will help you develop your speaking skills one step at a time.
News and Announcements
Read about how Toastmasters International and our members are making headlines around the world.View Media
Use the promo code PEN to receive 10% off the Mini-Notebook & Promotional Pen!Show Now