Taking on this role improves time management skills
One of the skills Toastmasters practice is expressing a thought within a specific time. As Timer you are responsible for monitoring time for each meeting segment and each speaker. To perform as Timer, you:
- Acquire the timing/signaling equipment from the Sergeant-at-Arms and know how to operate it.
- Explain the timing rules and demonstrate the signal device if called upon to do so.
- Throughout the meeting, listen carefully to each participant and signal them accordingly.
- When called to report, announce the speaker's name and the time taken.
- After the meeting, return the timing/signaling equipment to the Sergeant-at-Arms and give your timer's report to the secretary.
Resources for Timers
This item explains the timing procedure and includes a chart for speech contest timers to complete.
An essential booklet for anyone working toward a Competent Leader award or fulfilling a club meeting role.
The 10 speech projects in this manual will help you develop your speaking skills one step at a time.
The 85th Annual Toastmasters International Convention promises to be the most exciting yet.Join Us
Present with Ease
Use the promo code WIRELESS to receive 10% off the Wireless Presentation Advancer!Shop Now