Candidate Campaign Guidelines
At area and division speech contests, all candidates may distribute campaign materials. They may also display campaign materials in a candidates' corner at these events if space is available for the candidates' corner and if all candidates have equal access to it. Campaign materials may not be placed on walls, chairs or tables outside of the candidates’ corner.
At the district conference, all candidates may distribute campaign materials, and they're allowed to display campaign materials in the candidates' corner at a district conference. Campaign materials may not be placed on walls, chairs or tables, or handed out at educational sessions, meal functions or the district hospitality suite.
Please refer to Protocol 9.0, for complete campaign guidelines.
Speeches and Speaking Guidelines
Campaign speeches are not permitted at any area speech contest, division speech contest or other district non-election meeting except the district conference. At the discretion of the area or division director responsible for the speech contest, candidates present at the contest may be introduced to the audience if all candidates present are introduced.
All candidates in contested races for district office, including floor candidates, may be allowed to speak at the district conference at a time other than during the district's annual business meeting. These campaign speeches must be given at an appropriate time and place, and be of an appropriate length, as identified by the district director, provided that all candidates are given an equal opportunity and are properly notified.
All candidates are allowed to give educational presentations at district conferences, provided the presentations conform to the needs of the district, and provided that all candidates for the same office are given an equal opportunity.
The only hospitality suite permitted at a district conference is the one provided and operated by the district, with no contribution from any candidate. The provision of a hospitality suite is, however, at the discretion of the district director.
Advertisements by or on behalf of candidates for district office are not permitted in district publications.
- A Candidates’ Showcase occurs before the district's Annual Business Meeting for presentations by all district officer candidates.
- Prior to the district's Annual Business Meeting the district director appoints directors to serve as chair and co-chair of the Candidates’ Showcase. Other directors are assigned as needed.
- Opposed officer and all director officer candidates are limited to a six-minute interview. Unopposed officer candidates are limited to a three-minute interview. District leaders submit questions to be asked.
- The presentation schedule, with the names of all nominated and known floor candidates for district office, is prepared by the district.
- There is no census or poll taken of the delegates at a Candidates’ Showcase.
The Toastmaster magazine is online!
View the magazine from your computer, tablet or smartphone.Read Here
Give your winners official recognition
Save 10% on all Torch Awards in March. Use promo code TORCH.Shop Now