Club Coach FAQ
What is a club coach and what do their responsibilities entail?Back to Top
A club coach is an experienced Toastmaster, who volunteers to help a club with 12 or fewer active members build membership. Their responsibilities include:
- Building a rapport with club leaders and members.
- Instilling enthusiasm, comradery and structure for the club's future.
- Assessing the club environment, observing, analyzing and recommending best practices for success.
- Consulting with the club leaders to devise a plan that improves the quality of the club environment.
- Strategizing and implementing the plan so that the club members can achieve their goals.
- Assisting the club in increasing its membership and fulfilling the requirements necessary to become Distinguished or better, which will result in the club coach being able to earn completion of one of the requirements for their Advanced Leader Silver award.
Who is responsible for appointing a club coach?Back to TopYour current district director or club growth director can appoint a club coach by emailing the completed Club Coach Appointment Form to the Club Quality and Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the club is not located within a district, then the club president can appoint a club coach, for their own club.
What are the requirements for a club to qualify to receive a club coach?Back to Top
- The club must have at least one, but no more than 12 paid members at the time the coach is appointed.
- The club can have no more than two coaches appointed at one time.
What are the requirements for an individual to qualify to be a club coach?Back to Top
- The individual must be a paid member in good standing with Toastmasters International.
- The coach cannot be an existing member of the club at the time of the appointment.
How long does a club coach appointment last?Back to TopClub Coaches are appointed for a maximum of two program years. This includes the program year in which they are appointed.
Can I coach a club outside of my district?Back to TopYes, you can be appointed as a club coach for a club outside of your district, as long as the request is coming from the District Director or Club Growth Director of the district in which the club is located.
How do I complete my club coach assignment and use the credit toward my Advanced Leader Silver (ALS) award?Back to Top
If the assigned club reaches Distinguished status or higher by the end of either the first or second program year that the club coach was assigned, then the club coach will be automatically receive their recognition letter and certificate of completion in the mail. The club coach can proceed to fill out their Advanced Leader Silver Application and apply for their Advanced Leader Silver award.
What is included in the club coach kit?Back to Top
When a club coach has been successfully appointed, they will receive the following items in the mail:
- Item 299A , How to Be a Distinguished Club (Outline)
- Item 299CD, How to Be a Distinguished Club (CD)
- Item 1111, Distinguished Club Program and Club Success Plan
- Club Coach Pin
- Club Coach Appointment Letter
Additionally, How to Rebuild a Toastmasters Club manual is available as a digital resource on the website here.
Can an appointed club coach be removed?Back to Top
A club coach can removed by either the president of the club or by the appointed club coach themselves. The request can be emailed to the Club Quality and Service team at email@example.com.
If I’m unable to complete my club coach assignment in the allotted time, can I be reappointed?Back to Top
Yes, if by the end of the two year appointment the club coach is unsuccessful, they can be reappointed by the current district director or club growth director. For clubs not within a district, the club president can reappoint the club coach. For a club coach reappointment, all qualification requirements for a club to receive a coach are waived.
This request must be emailed to Club Quality and Service, at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than August 31. If the reappointment is received after August 31, then the request will be considered a new appointment, and all qualification requirements will apply.
Where can I see all the club coaches appointed for a given district?Back to Top
You can view the assigned club coaches on the Club Coaches District Performance Report.