Toastmasters offices held and terms of service (international and regional level):
- 2016-2017 District Director
- 2015-2016 Program Quality Director
- 2014-2015 Lt. Governor Marketing
Toastmasters honors and recognition (international level):
- 2014-2015 Select Distinguished District
Relevant work experience and how it relates to Toastmasters and your role as a Board member:
• Served on the Board of Directors for Youth 1750 • District 48 Liaison to the Board of Directors of Tampa Bay International Chamber of Commerce • Corporate Trainer, in addition to training products and services, also coached and developed content • Operations Manager – and Financial Advisor for local bank
What experience do you have in strategic planning?
• Implemented programs that utilized responsive evaluations for sales agents at Disney Reservation Center. • SWOT Analysis Training, for District and Club Officers • Board of Directors for Youth 1750- marketing and development structure for non-profit
What experience do you have in the area of finance?
• 13 Years in Banking and Finance- Operations Manager- review and approve various loans offered by the bank. • 3 Years as Personal Financial Planner with Financial Institution • District Director – 16 months District 48 as well as served as PQD and Lt. Governor of Marketing
What experience do you have in developing policies?
• Policies that needed to be in place for non-profit Youth 1750, developing programs and marketing strategies. • Creating “Cast” programs for Disney Reservation Center, Toastmaster Club and Book Club.
What lessons did you learn from previous leadership positions?
• Learning what a members strength is, and using that to the benefit of the District and other members, rather than trying to force them into a situation that is not beneficial to anyone. • Attitude and how you interact with individuals no matter what your personal preferences is key to overall success- Being “right” isn’t as important as working together on a solution.
What experience and key strengths would you bring to the Board of Directors?
• Ability to connect with different cultures. • Creativity in looking for ways to move us forward as technology and our member base changes, even in times of uncertainty. • Attitude- change is inevitable, if we are to retain and attract younger members- change is progress
Why do you want to serve as an international officer/director?
• I believe that as someone who has experience with global synergy experience as a Cast Member of Disney and liaison of the Tampa Bay International Chamber of Commerce can help with any future planning Toastmasters may have. Understanding how each culture interacts as a business in other countries is as important as having representatives of other cultures.
What volunteer experience do you have outside of Toastmasters?
• Junior Achievment bowl a thon • WMNF 88.5 Public Radio • Youth 1750
Have you worked with other Boards of Directors outside of Toastmasters?
It was interesting, rewarding and challenging. As serving on the board of 1750, it was with friends as we worked through the various personalities and developing a plan of action of how we wanted to move forward and how we wanted the program to look.
In your opinion, what are Toastmasters International’s major objectives and how would you work to achieve them?
To become well known in the corporate structure, so that Toastmasters is the program in which corporations can use to attract the brightest and the best. On a community level, to have us out within our community not just as clubs, but as a way of giving back to the community in services to community outreach organizations.
Additional information about candidate:
I may not have all the answers, in fact I am fairly positive I do not. However, I surround myself with a diverse group of individuals who do not think or act as I do. Why- because the more we can create a relationship with those who are not like us, then the collective partnership can develop amazing opportunities, that is the real magic of relationship building.