When recognizing someone for a job well done, it's important to highlight the value of both the award and the recipient. To create a memorable presentation, explain the criteria for the award and how the recipient met those criteria. Here are a few additional guidelines:
- Tell a story about the significance of the award.
- Pronounce names of the recipients correctly.
- Provide background on the recipient.
- Hold the award respectfully and hand it to the recipient as if it were a treasure.
- Wait to invite the recipient to the lectern until you formally introduce them.
- Stand so the audience can see the recipient and the award clearly.
Introducing the Toastmaster magazine online!
Read the new web-based version of the magazine from any device.View Now
Celebrate 93 years of transforming lives
Show your support by making a donation to the Ralph C. Smedley Memorial Fund.®Donate Today