When recognizing someone for a job well done, it's important to highlight the value of both the award and the recipient. To create a memorable presentation, explain the criteria for the award and how the recipient met those criteria. Here are a few additional guidelines:
- Tell a story about the significance of the award.
- Pronounce names of the recipients correctly.
- Provide background on the recipient.
- Hold the award respectfully and hand it to the recipient as if it were a treasure.
- Wait to invite the recipient to the lectern until you formally introduce them.
- Stand so the audience can see the recipient and the award clearly.
Read the Toastmaster magazine online!
Enjoy timely access to interesting and interactive content on any device.View Now
Share your Toastmasters Passion!
Save 10% on the Vintage Logo T-Shirt in September. Use promo code VINTAGE10.Shop Now