Sample News Releases
Give your club and/or district the recognition it deserves! Tell the local community about Toastmasters events, programs and member achievements. Garner interest and awareness using the news release templates below.
Choose (by clicking on) the news release below that best fits your needs, edit it to your specifications and then pitch it your local news media. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
1. All releases are formatted and downloadable as Word documents.
2. Click on a news release and save it to your computer.
3. Localize the release by replacing bolded text with your club or district information. Proofread it for accuracy.
4. Once finished, delete the bolded text and (parenthesis) and save your changes.
5. Email the release to local news media. Paste the release into an email, below the pitch and your signature. Do not attach the release to your email. Attachments to journalists usually get caught by spam filters.
For a list of public relations resources, click here or contact the Public Relations Department at International Headquarters by email.
Blank news release template
Club Open House news release - For a club to promote an open house
Anniversary news release template - For a club to announce its anniversary
Communication Achievement Award news release - For a club to promote a non-Toastmasters member or organization for excellence in communication or leadership.
2012 International Officer and Director Releases
John Lau, DTM, International President
George Yen, DTM, International President-elect
Mohammed Murad, DTM, First Vice President
Jim Kokocki, DTM, Second Vice President
Board of Directors
Member Release Forms