Taking on this role improves time management skills.
One of the skills Toastmasters practice is expressing a thought within a specific time. The timer is responsible for monitoring time for each meeting segment and each speaker. As Timer, you:
- Acquire the timing/signaling equipment from the sergeant at arms and know how to operate it.
- Explain the timing rules and demonstrate the signal device if called upon to do so.
- Throughout the meeting, listen carefully to each participant and signal them accordingly.
- When called to report, announce the speakers' names and the time taken.
- After the meeting, return the timing/signaling equipment to the sergeant at arms.
The Toastmaster magazine is online!
View the magazine from your computer, tablet or smartphone.Read Here
Present like a Pro!
Save 10% on the 3-in-1 USB Laser Pen (8GB) with gift box in February. Use promo code USBPEN.Shop Now