2011 Toastmasters International Convention
Annual event features inspiring speakers, learning opportunities and more. No membership required!
The 2011 Toastmasters International Convention, held at the Bally’s Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada on Aug. 17 – 20, 2011, proved an exciting event. Whether you’re a member of the organization or a visitor, you can always have a fantastic experience at Convention. Opportunities to learn abound at each portion of the event, and it’s a great opportunity to mingle with people from all over the world.
There’s plenty to see and do at the Toastmasters International Convention. It’s a rewarding experience, especially if you are looking to:
- Take the first steps toward a new, more confident you? Learn the latest techniques in public speaking from expert presenters.
- Improve your skills and opportunities at work? Listen to leaders who can speak on this topic with authority, offering real-life examples of challenges they have surmounted. Packed with “how-to” information.
- Feel comfortable in a crowd? This Convention is where you’ll meet the friendliest people on Earth. Many have fought shyness, so they’ll want to help you feel at home right away.
- Learn more about the Toastmasters program and see it in action? Here’s your chance to meet people who have changed their lives and taken leadership roles in their lives and jobs as a result of their Toastmasters experience.
- Make new friends in Europe, China or South Africa? With formal and informal social gatherings and even a President’s Dinner Dance, this Convention is the place to meet interesting people from all over the world.
- Feel the energy and excitement of being at The Toastmasters World Championship of Public Speaking? Enjoy the fun of the Toastmasters International Speech Contest Semifinals at the Convention and then watch all nine finalists compete for the title on Saturday. Laugh, cry and learn from the world’s top speakers.
- Learn about becoming a professional speaker or ramp up your speaking career? The Accredited Speaker Program may be just what you’re seeking. You can watch speakers work toward the goal of achieving the coveted status of Toastmasters Accredited Speaker.
- See the acclaimed Toastmasters Golden Gavel award presented to a prominent leadership expert in the community? The Golden Gavel recipient for 2011 will be announced soon. By coming to the Convention and seeing this person receive the award, you can join in the excitement.
- Feel encouraged, ready to take on your next challenge and look at life in a new way? Hearing a fantastic line-up of speakers will inspire and motivate you.
The Toastmasters International Convention took Las Vegas by storm! Remember, there’s no requirement to be a Toastmasters member to attend the 2012 Convention in Orlando, Florida. This spectacular event will last only a few days next August, but the benefits will last a lifetime.