10 Ways to Promote Toastmasters International
1. Create club or district business cards indicating your meeting time and place, and distribute them to friends and colleagues along with a personal comment on how Toastmasters training has benefited you.
2. Use branded office supplies, wear Toastmasters shirts.
3. Display your Toastmaster trophies in a prominent place in your home and office.
4. Wear your Toastmasters pin! It's a good conversation starter.
5. Libraries. Submit extra copies of the Toastmaster magazine to the library's periodicals department and attach a card with the club's contact information. Also post fliers and ads on bulletin boards.
6. Employee Orientation. Make sure in-house Toastmasters clubs in corporations, hospitals, government agencies or other organizations have their clubs mentioned during new-employee orientation seminars.
7. "Welcome to the Community" packets. These are distributed to all new residents in a city and contain promotional materials from local merchants and organizations. Your ad or flier should be included in this package.
8. Universities and Community Colleges. Like cities, many Universities have internal cable TV and radio stations, as well as publications reaching students, staff and faculty. Arrange to have a Toastmaster give a presentation as a guest lecturer in a speech communication class. Or better yet, try to participate in communication-related campus events – like "Communications Week," for example – and be prepared to host a booth and offer promotional fliers. If your district already has a University club, make sure it is publicized in campus media, as well as in new-student or freshmen orientations.
9. High Schools. Organize or judge speech contests for seniors, or give seminars on career planning. Even if students don't join your club, this is an opportunity for media exposure and gives parents, staff and teachers a good impression of our organization.
10. Offer Speechcraft and Youth Leadership Programs. This is a great way of showing the public what Toastmasters is all about.