Speech Contest Training
The Speech Contest Training
e-learning module consists of three sessions. Each takes about 10-15 minutes to complete. To complete a session, follow the steps below:
- Watch the Getting Started video to learn how to use the TLC interface.
- Download the worksheet for the session and print it or type in answers as you watch the session. This will allow you to take notes and create an easy reference guide to help you with the roles in a speech contest.
- Click on a link below to start a session.
- At the end of the session, be sure to complete the survey.
- Return and repeat the session as many times as you like.
Session 1: The Contest and Roles
This session gives you an overview of how speech contests work and the players involved in making them happen.
Session 2: When You're the Judge
This session focuses on the judge's role in a speech contest, including obstacles to objectivity.
Session 3: The Judge's Guide and Ballot
Here we cover how to use the judge's guide and ballot.
For any questions or comments regarding the TLC, email