What is the purpose of region advisor?
The RA helps solve the pressing issues districts face and serves as a vital link between the district and World Headquarters. RAs are volunteers with expert knowledge about marketing-related issues and awareness of current trends in their regions. They stay well-informed of Toastmasters organizational developments and their impact on the district.
In a consultant capacity, RAs help districts fulfill the district mission. Their objective is to support district leaders' efforts to enhance the quality and performance of its clubs. In doing so, a greater number of people are afforded the opportunity to benefit from the Toastmasters educational program.
What is the RA responsible for?
The RA helps identify strategies that enable the district to expand its marketing capacity. They do so by:
- Assessing district needs in consultation with district leaders
- Developing improved marketing strategies with district leaders
- Facilitating training at the International Convention and at mid-year
- Interpreting and planning marketing goals with the district leadership team
- Supporting club-building
- Training on how to conduct effective corporate visits
- Conducting corporate visits as needed
- Creating marketing training programs with the district
- Understanding training materials targeting sponsors, mentors and club coaches
- Supporting the club chartering process
- Publishing the region website
These responsibilities are not inclusive. The support provided by the RA will vary from district to district based on each district’s unique needs.