District Nominating Committee Deliberations
The nominating committee may ask to meet personally with candidates. Nominating committee deliberations, including vote tallies, are confidential and cannot be divulged to anyone except the district governor, World Headquarters, and the Board of Directors. The nominating committee shall interview all known candidates for each elected position. Each candidate shall be evaluated using standard criteria that the chair will provide to the committee members.
The nominating committee must verify that candidates meet eligibility requirements. No prospective candidate can be nominated until:
- At the time of taking office, the district governor must have served at least six consecutive months as club president and at least 12 consecutive months as a lt. governor, division governor or a combination of these.
- At the time of taking office, the lt. governors must have served at least six consecutive months as club president and at least 12 consecutive months as a lt. governor, a division governor, or an area governor or a combination of these.
- At the time of taking office, the division governors must have served at least six consecutive months as members of a district council.
- If possible, the area governors must have served as members of a district council.
- The committee has determined that the candidate understands the duties and responsibilities of office, is committed to fulfilling those duties and responsibilities, and has the skills and abilities necessary to perform successfully as an officer. The committee should follow the guidelines and timelines provided by World Headquarters.
- The committee has determined that the candidate will accept the nomination, although the candidate has the right to withdraw his/her name from nomination at the district’s annual business meeting, and to be nominated from the floor as a candidate for another office.
- The committee has received a copy of the Officer Agreement and Release Statement signed by the candidate. To be nominated or elected, all candidates for district governor, lt. governor education and training, lt. governor marketing and division governor must sign the Officer Agreement and Release Form published by Toastmasters International.The district should make all reasonable effort to have all other district leaders sign the statement. All signed forms must be sent to World Headquarters, attention District Services. These forms will be kept as part of the district’s permanent records.