Instruments of Influence
Mark Brown, ATM, CL
You don’t have to be famous or a great leader to exert your influence locally and globally. Toastmasters’ 1995 World Champion of Public Speaking, Mark Brown, will teach you how to increase your level of influence by thinking differently and taking deliberate actions. Concepts you will learn include:
- Learn to more deeply appreciate the power of your own influence.
- How to identify your strengths and use them wisely.
- Specific steps to broaden your influence for a wide-ranging impact.
Own Your Industry
Douglas Kruger, ATMS
Are you interested in becoming a “go-to person” in your field? Take time out from being operational and afford yourself the chance to be strategic. Douglas Kruger, motivational speaker and presentation skills coach, will share specific techniques that you can use to gain visibility and position yourself as a thought leader in your industry. You will learn how to:
- Position yourself as a thought-leader within your industry.
- Grow tribes of followers who become paying clients.
- Maximize the value of your offering to clients.
Leadership for a Championship Club
Lance Miller, DTM
A club’s success is the responsibility of its members and leaders. Lance Miller, the 2005 World Champion of Public Speaking, will share how to foster effective officer teamwork and achieve Distinguished recognition in your club. Lance was instrumental in building his home club, Renaissance Speakers, in Hollywood, California, to No. 4 in the world with 95 members, and he’ll explain how your club can be top-ranking too. Attendees will learn:
- The #1 reason clubs struggle.
- A simple way to create an effective club officer team.
- Six ways to gain new members.
Florian Mueck, ACG
Good structure is vital for both you as the speaker and your audience. In this interactive, educational and entertaining workshop, presentation coach and author Florian Mueck will guide you through the speech structuring process. But be aware—you might be an active participant! In his session, you will learn:
- The importance of speech structure.
- How to structure any speech or presentation in just 10 minutes.
- Four simple steps to better speech structure.
Anatomy of a Keynote
In addition to seeing Robin Sieger deliver the keynote presentation, you have an opportunity to learn from his 20 years of stage experience in this session. Delivering a successful keynote isn’t about following a formula; it’s about doing what works for you based on your unique style. Robin will separate fact from fiction as he shares his perspective on a perfect presentation. You will learn how to:
- Find your authentic voice.
- Stay in the moment.
- Prioritize your audience.
- Speak with purpose and passion.
Leaders Take the Stairs: Creating a Culture of Discipline
Successful leaders know the value of making short-term sacrifices in order to reach a long-term vision. Entrepreneur and motivational speaker Rory Vaden will share practical steps for infusing your organization with a mentality of discipline. In this session, you will learn how to:
- Develop stronger systems of accountability for measuring activity and results.
- Create a culture of discipline within your organization.
- Quit looking for shortcuts and adopt a results-oriented attitude.