Region Advisor Biography
Michelle Kabele, DTM
Location: Lake Zurich, Illinois, United States
Member Since: 2008
Region Number: 5
Home District: 30
Supporting Districts: 8, 30, 35, 54, 103
Toastmasters offices held and terms of service (international, region and district level):
- 2016-2017 Region Advisor
- 2014-2015 Immediate Past District Governor
- 2013-2014 District Governor
- 2012-2013 Lieutenant Governor Education and Training
- 2011-2012 Lieutenant Governor Marketing
- 2010-2011 Division Governor
Toastmasters honors and recognition (including international level you have received):
- 2013-2014 Select Distinguished District Governor
- 2012-2013 Educational Excellence Award / Distinguished District (LGET)
- 2011-2012 Marketing Excellence Award / Distinguished District (LGM)
- 2010-2011 President’s Distinguished Division Governor in a Select Distinguished District and Division Governor of the Year
Relevant work experience and how it relates to Toastmasters and your role as a region advisor:
As a professional marketer/marketing strategist in technology, I’m frequently asked to coach and mentor team members and collaborate with business owners to craft programs and campaigns that drive results. To craft business solutions, I form and facilitate cross-functional team meetings, lead teams and gain consensus on projects. Combining my business skills with Toastmasters, I will be able to offer advice to the district leaders in a variety of situations.
What key strengths do you bring to the district leaders?
I bring professional business and marketing skills to support districts in building new clubs. My strong passion for innovative world-class education and training events will help inspire district leaders. My passion for collaboration will help motivate and focus district leaders to build teams and practice servant leadership so members will have the best experience possible.
Why are you interested in serving as region advisor?
I want to add value to others. The Toastmasters experience has taught me valuable leadership skills and I want to mentor and share my learning with district leaders.