Region Advisor Biography
Mary Swanson, DTM
Location: Jordan, Minnesota, United States
Member Since: 1994
Region Number: 1
Home District: 6
Toastmasters offices held and terms of service (international, region and district level):
- 2007-2008 Area Governor (D78)
- 2004-2005 District Governor
- 2003-2004 Lieutenant Governor Education and Training
- 2002-2003 Lieutenant Governor Marketing
- 2000-2001 Division Governor
- 1999-2000 Area Governor
Toastmasters honors and recognition (including international level you have received):
- 2003-2004 Excellence in Education and Training
- 2002-2003 Excellence in Marketing (Distinguished District)
- 2000-2001 Distinguished Division
- 1999-2000 President’s Distinguished Area and District 6 Area Governor of the Year and Education
- 2014 Distinguished District
Relevant work experience and how it relates to Toastmasters and your role as a region advisor:
As an Information Technology professional for over 30 years, I am detailed-oriented with strong technical skills. As a Quality Assurance Lead, I work to mentor and coach team members with less experience as well as to help the business understand how technological changes will impact how they perform their jobs. I enjoy getting to know people and working together to achieve a goal. I was a licensed realtor for 12 years, which allowed me to hone my sales and marketing skills and enabled me to have success in a very competitive housing market.
What key strengths do you bring to the district leaders?
I am detailed-oriented, goal-driven, a people person, knowledgeable about Toastmasters, and have strong technical skills.
Why are you interested in serving as region advisor?
I love Toastmasters. I want to help district leaders be successful in their very important roles serving their members. By serving as a mentor, coach, trainer, and friend to the district leaders, I will help them have an enjoyable and rewarding year.