Finish the Program Year Successfully
You can still achieve your club’s Distinguished Club Program (DCP) goals! Here’s how:
- Encourage participation in the “Beat the Clock” program (login required) which ends June 30.
- Review your club’s online DCP report for accuracy and target goals your club can meet this month. Email us if you find any discrepancies.
- Submit education and membership award applications by June 30 via Club Central.
Get Awards Faster; Submit Applications Online
Toastmasters International receives more member award applications in June than in any other month. As a result, members who apply for awards this month may experience a delay in receiving their certificates. To avoid delays, submit award applications via Club Central.
Start the New Program Year Strong
Outgoing officers: Help your club earn Distinguished Club Program credit for the 2015–2016 program year by following these tips:
- Encourage new club officers to sign up for district-sponsored Club Officer Training. Trained officers are better able to support their clubs.
- Secretaries: Make sure to submit your club’s new officer list via Club Central by June 30.
Review Month-End Closing Dates
Check the month-end closing dates regularly to ensure your submissions are received and processed on time. Items with reporting deadlines include education award applications, membership applications, club charter documentation and club coach appointments.
Annual Business Meeting—Plan Ahead
In July, club presidents and secretaries will receive proxy information via email. Delegates will vote at the August Annual Business Meeting for international officer and director candidates and proposed amendments to the Bylaws of Toastmasters International.
Important Legal Notice
The U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) has placed sanctions on certain countries where Toastmasters clubs exist, or may be chartered. To ensure compliance, all club officers in the countries listed below must verify that no club members appear on the Specifically Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List (SDN). Please review the SDN list if your club is, or will be, in one of the following locations: Western Balkans, Belarus, Central African Republic, Cote d’Ivoire, Cuba, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iraq, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Somalia, South Sudan, Ukraine, Yemen and Zimbabwe. Please email us if a member appears on the SDN list.