- What if the club president and secretary do not have access to email?Back to Top
A letter will be mailed to both the club president and club secretary on record with instructions for accessing the proxy information on the Toastmasters International website.
- How many votes is each club allowed?Back to Top
As provided in the Bylaws of Toastmasters International, Article X, Section 1, each club is entitled to two votes.
- Why did I receive a proxy letter in the mail?Back to Top
We mailed proxy letters to those club presidents and secretaries who did not have an active email address on file.
- What will delegates need to take to International Convention to obtain their ballots?Back to Top
Voting delegates only need to wear their registration badge when they report to Credentials. Delegates will simply scan their badges and a printout will be generated showing the number of votes to be issued.
- Where can I find my member ID number?Back to Top
Club presidents and secretaries can obtain member ID numbers by accessing their membership roster on the Toastmasters International website. Members can also find their member ID number on the address portion of their Toastmaster magazine, or by logging into the Toastmasters International website and accessing their profile.
- How can clubs assign proxies?Back to Top
A club can assign their proxy in one of three ways:
- If a member of the club is attending the Annual Business Meeting, they may carry the club’s vote.
- If no one from the club is attending the Annual Business Meeting, the club may designate the 2017-2018 District Director as the club’s proxyholder. The district director will ensure the club’s vote is cast as instructed at the meeting. If (and only if) the district director is not in attendance, the next senior district officer attending the Annual Business Meeting will act as your club proxy.
- If no one from the club is attending the Annual Business Meeting, the club may choose as its proxyholder an active Toastmaster from another club who is planning to attend.
- What types of proxies are there?Back to TopInstructed ProxyThe club has indicated in a preference for a particular officer and director candidate and the proposals; therefore, you as the proxyholder must vote as instructed.
The club has not indicated a preference for a particular candidate or the proposals. You as the proxyholder must vote as you believe is in the best interest of the organization, and your vote must not be governed by any other person, group or caucus.
- How do undistricted clubs assign their proxies to a district director?Back to TopEach undistricted club has been assigned a district director to assaign as their proxy, if the club chooses. This is completed on the website.
- What do delegates need to take to International Convention to obtain their ballots?Back to Top
Delegates only need to wear their registration badge when they report to Credentials. Delegates will simply scan their badges, and a printout will be generated showing the number of votes to be issued.
- How do I request a replacement email with the proxy instructions?Back to Top
To order a duplicate copy, please contact us by email. Be sure to include the current club president’s or secretary's name and email address, and your club number.
- Is a report available for district directors to follow up with clubs that have not submitted proxies?Back to Top
Through District Central on the Toastmasters International website, district directors will be able to see which clubs have assigned their proxies and which clubs have not. For those clubs that have not submitted their proxies, district directors are provided the club president's name and contact information to allow the district director to follow up.
- What if my district director cannot attend?Back to Top
In the event your district director is unable to attend the Annual Business Meeting, World Headquarters should be contacted immediately for further instructions.