International Convention FAQ
- Can I purchase an a la carte ticket for one event, such as the World Championship of Public Speaking?Back to Top
There are a variety of registration options available this year. Please view the Registration Packages for additional information.
- How do I find out if I require a Visa to enter the United States?Back to Top
- What airport should I fly into?Back to Top
Please visit the Transportation page and reference the “Airport Information” section.
- How do I get to the hotel from the airport?Back to Top
Please visit the Transportation page and reference the “Airport Ground Transportation” section.
- Is there a discounted hotel rate available?Back to TopYes. The negotiated hotel rate for Toastmasters International at the Marriott Marquis Washington, DC is $179 + 14.5% tax per night. The deadline to book your room, if the block is not already sold out, is Wednesday, July 20, 2016. For additional information please visit Accommodations.
- Are any meals provided as part of the registration fee?Back to Top
Yes. The networking lunches on Thursday, Friday and Saturday are included in the registration price and so is dinner at the President’s Inauguration and Celebration. All other meals will be at your expense.
- What is the Golden Gavel Event?Back to Top
Toastmasters’ most prestigious award is the Golden Gavel. For the past 54 years, it has been given annually to an individual distinguished in the fields of communication and leadership. The award is presented on Friday at the International Convention.
- Can I register for a guest, partner or non-Toastmaster?Back to TopYes, please follow these steps.
- Download and complete a registration form.
- Fax your completed form to +1 949-858-1207 or
- Mail your completed form to:
Attention: Convention Registration
23182 Arroyo Vista Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688-2620
- What is the cancellation policy?Back to Top
Cancellations will be accepted until Monday, August 1, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PT. Cancellations will not be accepted after this date. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
- What is the appropriate dress code for the convention?Back to Top
For the Opening Ceremonies, you are encouraged to dress in traditional clothing of your home country or in business casual attire.
President's Inauguration and Celebration calls for evening or semi-formal attire.Men: Dark suits or tuxedosLadies: Cocktail dresses or semi-formal dresses
All other convention events are business casual. The optional Monuments by Moonlight tour on Friday is casual attire.
- I am interested in attending the Monuments By Moonlight tour on Friday, August 19, but I also want to attend the Candidate Showcase, can I attend both?Back to Top
Yes, the last bus will leave the Marriott Marquis Washington, DC twenty minutes after the conclusion of the Candidate Showcase.
- Can I purchase a ticket to the Monuments By Moonlight tour at the convention?Back to Top
On-site ticket sales will be determined as we get closer to convention. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for updated information.
- I am looking for a roommate at the convention, is this something you can assist with?Back to Top
Unfortunately, we can’t assist you in searching for a roommate, but we can recommend utilizing social media to help. Post a status on the Facebook event page and get the conversation started.
- I am interested in volunteering at the convention, who can I contact?Back to Top
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. Please complete the volunteer interest form.
- Who can I contact if I have additional questions?Back to Top
You can email us at email@example.com or by calling +1 949-858-8255 and ask for extension 388 or 312.