Club Coach FAQ
- What is a club coach?Back to TopA club coach is an experienced Toastmaster who volunteers to help another club that has 12 or fewer active members. This Toastmaster is not a member of the club and is typically working toward Advanced Leader Silver recognition.
- What are the responsibilities of a club coach?Back to TopThe responsibilities of a club coach are to:
- Assist the club in increasing its membership and fulfilling the requirements necessary to become Distinguished or better.
- Build rapport with club leaders and members.
- Assess the club environment, observe, analyze and recommend solutions.
- Develop a plan with goals for improvement.
- Implement the plan and help club officers and members achieve their goals.
- Instill enthusiasm, loyalty and a sense of responsibility for the club's future.
- How can I become a club coach?Back to Top
You have to be appointed by either your district director or club growth director. Contact your district leaders for more information. They will then submit a club coach appointment form to our office for processing. You can begin coaching the club as soon as the Club Coach Appointment Form has been submitted and approved by our office.
- What information do I need to request a club coach?Back to Top
- A club coach may be assigned only by the district director or club growth director.
- At the time of the assignment, the club membership must show 12 or fewer members.
- A maximum of two club coaches may be appointed to each club.
- The club coach appointment lasts from the date of appointment until June 30 of the current year if the club becomes a Distinguished Club or better. If the designation of Distinguished is not reached in the initial program year, the assignment will be extended until June 30 of the following year.
- How do I use club coach credit toward my Advanced Leader Silver (ALS) award?Back to TopThe club that the coach helps has to reach Distinguished status either during the same recognition year that the coach was appointed, or it must do so the following recognition year. The club coach role needs to be awarded before it can be used towards an award.
- What is included in my club coach kit?Back to Top
- When is our club eligible to have a club coach?Back to Top
Once your roster shows 12 or fewer members as active, you can submit your request for a club coach.
- Can an appointed coach who has not been attending meetings or acting as our coach be removed?Back to Top
Yes. The club officers, the district director and club growth director can request the removal of the coach by contacting us by email.
- If a coach’s two years are almost over, can he/she be re-appointed?Back to Top
Yes. The district director or club growth director can request the re-appointment. The request can only be accepted within the month of July, after their term has ended. If it is received after this date, the club coach request will be reviewed and treated as a new appointment.
- Where can I see all the club coaches appointed for a given district?Back to Top