Advanced Leader Program
After earning the Competent Leader (CL) award you can further refine and develop your leadership skills by working in the advanced leader program. Members working in this program are eligible for Advanced Leader Bronze (ALB) and Advanced Leader Silver (ALS) recognition.
Advanced Leader Bronze (ALB)To be eligible for this award, a member must have:
- Achieved new Competent Leader award
- Achieved Competent Communicator award (or Competent Toastmaster award)
- Served at least six months as a club officer (president, vice president education, vice president membership, vice president public relations, secretary, treasurer or sergeant at arms) and participated in the preparation of a Club Success Plan while serving in this office
- While serving in the above office, participated in a district-sponsored club officer training program
- Conducted any two presentations from The Successful Club Series and/or The Leadership Excellence Series
Advanced Leader Silver (ALS)To be eligible for this award, a member must have:
- Achieved Advanced Leader Bronze award (or "old" Competent Leader award)
- Served a complete term as a district leader (district director, program quality director, club growth director, public relations manager, administration manager, finance manager, division director or area director). A complete term is defined as having served at least from September 1 through June 30. Those assuming office after September 1 do not qualify as having served a full term
- Completed the High Performance Leadership program
- Served successfully as a club sponsor, mentor or coach*
* A club coach role successfully completed on June 30, 2019 or June 30, 2020 can be used to satisfy both the club coach requirement and the district leader requirement. Applications using this exception must be submitted to World Headquarters by emailing email@example.com and cannot be processed online through Club Central. For additional information, please review the Education Program FAQs.To apply for either of the Advanced Leader awards, complete the appropriate section of the AL/DTM application and ask your vice president education to submit it online to World Headquarters. You'll receive a certificate and, if you wish, World Headquarters will send your employer a letter about your accomplishment.
High Performance LeadershipHigh Performance Leadership features five projects offering instruction and practice in such vital leadership areas as developing a vision, goal-setting and planning, developing plans and strategies, and team-building. It also gives you feedback on your leadership skills. The program may be completed within your Toastmasters club, area or district, and even within your company or community.
Perhaps you would enjoy taking on a project for your club or district while serving as an officer or committee chairman. Or, if you are an employee or supervisor in a business organization, you could do a leadership project related to the needs of your organization. Other possibilities include projects for your community, church, an association or professional group, or some other organization. Your project can be almost anything, so long as it is legal, ethical, and socially responsible, and your activities are not represented as being endorsed by Toastmasters International.
Choose from a wealth of workshops to improve communication and leadership skills.
Submit this award application to receive your Advanced Leader Bronze or Silver award, as well as the DTM award.
This series helps members learn skills they can use to be successful leaders inside and outside of Toastmasters.